A trading index is an index of the average price of a certain set of instruments, such as stocks of different companies, united in one group. Indices are calculated by various rating agencies and organizations by various formulae, such as a simple average price, weighted average price, etc. However, there is no need to learn the formulae as you will not have to calculate the indices yourself.
Everyone who comes to the market craving for money thinks that they will be among that 10 % of successful traders that can be called "cream of the cream". Such a way of thinking is logical and natural, because — who will ever aim at bad results? Well, a question emerges then: where do the remaining 90% appear from? What happens to them next? Why do these statistics of 90% losing traders against 10% gaining ones exist at all?
There is no successful Forex player that has achieved a good and stable result without an efficient money management system. Wise and weighted up capital management allows for playing on the high-risk market thanks to marginal trading. In this article we are going to have a look a the main rules and principles of money management on Forex.
In this article, we are going to speak about the essence of HFT, its history, its development, its principles and the part it plays on the modern financial markets, as well as about its types and strategies and its perspectives.
Exchange-Traded Funds (ETF) are investment trust funds which stocks are traded on the exchange. An index ETF replicates the structure of its basic index. ETF stocks are available for the very same operations as normal stocks on any exchange.
I guess, it is no secret that the main trigger of quotation movements on the market is the publication of important fundamental news, such as the decisions of central banks of the leading countries on interest rates, various macroeconomic indicators, speeches of politicians, etc.
A lot is a volume of an operation on the Fore market, which is defined by global standards. 1 lot always equals to 100,000 units of a base currency.
Psychologists recommend formulating your goals as precisely and carefully as possible, projecting them on your subconscious and controlling your progress towards them. Systematic investors and traders have managed to secure themselves at the top of the market not just because they own some super system or insider information; the reason is, their goals are based on their long-time experience, their knowledge, technology, psychological stability and skillfull risk and money management. Trading without a clear idea of what, when and how we are planning to reach washes the main part of "plankton" off the market very quickly. The more detailed and realistic your goals are, the lower the risk of losing your deposit.
The Gap is shown in the chart above as yellow rectangles. This is a practical gap in the flow of quotations reflecting a serious difference between the opening and closing prices in trading sessions. A quick look at the chart captures a large number of such phenomena. This means that if we classify them we may find a lot of opportunities to use them in trading. But first, let us talk about the reasons which a Gap emerges for.
To succeed in market trading you should learn to analyze and forecast price movements. The market price is influenced by a whole range of various factors, all of which we literally cannot know. A question emerges: in this case, how does forecasting become possible? This question is answered by one of the basic and most necessary types of market analysis — technical analysis.